We are honored to have been selected as a finalist in the 2014 Silicon Valley Boomer Venture Summit business plan competition. The field was wide, and we are thrilled to compete with some remarkable startups in the Healthcare, 50+ and Aging In Place markets.
Smartstones will be presenting on stage at Santa Clara University in Silicon Valley next week on June 25th to over 300 entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and leaders in the fields of aging and health.
Top Five Finalists include:
- Bikanta, A nanodiamond-based technology that will redefine tomorrow's medical imaging.
- Madorra, A solution for treating vaginal atrophy in breast cancer survivors.
- POC Medical System, A disruptive technology offering low cost point of care screening and diagnostics.
- Smartstones, The world's first (patent pending) wearable sensorial communication device for sending simple messages by gesture and touch.
- ViVita Technologies, A patent-pending platform technology that has the potential to address the growing regenerative medicine market by generating a broad product pipeline of tissue and organ replacements.
The panel of distinguished judges include:
- Tom Rodgers, Director of Strategic Investment, Direct Health Solutions, Cambia Health
- Dean Hoang, Investment Associate, Pinnacle Ventures
- Scott Smith, Founder & Managing Partner, Viant Group
- Gavin Teo, Investment Professional, Comcast Ventures
- John Hopper, Managing Director, Link-age Ventures, Inc.
- Lucian Iancovici, M.D., Investment Manger, Qualcomm Life Fund
- Jody Holtzman, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- Brian Clark, Sr. Director, Innovation and Business Development, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement